Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My life; Starring: ME!

I have had a fabulous week. Wanna know why? Cause its a week in the life of me. Thats right, not "A Week in the life of the Strickland family", or 'the ramsey family'. Not a 'week in the life of Amanda, guest apperance by Courtney' Not even "A week in the life of Keith and Courtney Etc"
Nope, "A week in the life of Courtney"
My new view of Life.
I live this life and breath in and out willingly and undoubtfully for my kids. They are what gives me strenght to keep this geunia-pig wheel rolling. I may be running hard and fast but I am not getting anywhere, and right now thats ok, because there is no where I need to be just yet until I decide that.
I have been so worried about my 'future career' or school, work, family and my Husband. I am just now realizing that, hello, I am only 22. Some of the friends I have are just wrapping up college, some have just started, and in an ideal lifestyle it goes- 1. college, 2. then job, 3. then marriage, 4. then kids.
Even though I have got that completely flipped I am still 3 steps ahead of the game at 22 no matter what order you put it in. I do not feel like I am missing out on anything at life, or that my life is on hold. I am living a full very fullfilling life everyday. a life of joy happiness and purpose and still, the world at my fingertips. Everything else seems so small. Like my job, even though its a great job, its not my whole life. and its not forever. My marriage, although the very color in my world, does sometime limit my future plans because I have put my spouse's plans in front of my own, but it does not limit what I am capable of.
Its disappointing to me that many have forgotten who I am, what I can do. That even though this housewife and mother of 2 is married and settled, doesnt not mean I have lost my ambition, or my strive for independence, I have simply slowed down the let the rest of the world catch up. (That was a joke)

In all seriousness I am ready to push forward. I realized today that the job I have really isnt forever, the flexiable part time hours are perfect for a school schedule, I feel that I need to act on that before it is to late.

Unfortionalty my marriage is no where near perfect, confusingly enough very far from it, I can admit, thats to be expected, however, this does not mean I can't bake my cake and eat it to. In other words, why do I feel like marriage my limit? When I am far from done.

No comments:

Post a Comment